I’ll post a picture every day for the September 2023 Photoblogging Challenge. To keep it interesting, I will sometimes use my computer to manifest a “photo.”
And you – yes, you – are welcome to guess whether it’s snapped by me 🧔♀️ or dreamed up by a text-to-image model 🤖.
It might be fun! I, for sure, will learn a lot, and maybe we will all be better at spotting fakes at the end of the challenge.
Here are some constraints I’ve set up for myself, besides the rules stipulated by Micro.blog.
- Real photos must be snapped by me.
- It’s okay to use photos from my archive.
- I will write the prompts when generating images.
- Text-to-image models must have a permissive license and run on my machine. No cloud allowed.
- Cropping, color adjustments, and light retouching are fair game for all pics – real or fake.
- I’m allowed to lie and deceive on the blog for the duration of the challenge.
- But I will reveal all the lies and generated images when the challenge is over. Full transparency.
So, for the rest of September, don’t believe everything I share here. And start guessing! Here’s the pic for day one.